Updated: July 27, 2023
CDL Truck Drivers Wanted
Our established, family-owned and operated trucking company based in Derry, PA, is looking for CDL Class A or B truck drivers to haul stone, asphalt, coal, salt, topsoil, mulch, and more. For 50 years, William Dickson Industries, Inc. has been serving the western Pennsylvania area with its well-maintained fleet of triaxle and tractor trailer dump trucks, building a reputation around operating excellence, safety, and outstanding customer service. Here you'll be known by your first name, not your truck number.
Pay is commission-based and starts at 27% of what the truck grosses, with increases in commission rate after six months depending on performance. WDI also offers weekly incentives of +2% to the commission rate for hauling all dispatched loads, including Saturday loads as needed. We have consistent work throughout the entire construction season hauling stone and asphalt, and we haul coal year round and road salt during the winter as needed. Provided you have a CDL and driving experience, we can train on the dump work via ride-alongs with current drivers.
Aside from the local dump work, we have openings for our over-the-road tractor trailer fleet which primarily hauls frac sand in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio for the oil and gas industry. CDL Class A with air brake and tank endorsement required. These drivers are typically out for two weeks at a time with long weekends when they're home. Similar to the local dump fleet, we can train on the tank work as needed.
- Legally eligible to work in the USA
- Class A or B CDL with air brake endorsement
- One year of relevant CDL or equivalent military driving experience
- Successful completion of pre-employment road test and drug screen and approval by the company insurance provider
- We haul no-touch freight (asphalt and aggregate in dump bodies), but drivers are required to enter the dump body to remove any aggregate that is sticking.
- The triaxle fleet is busiest during construction season (March - November, depending on the weather). We generally work Monday through Friday, with some Saturdays depending on our customers' requirements. Drivers must be fine working Saturdays as needed.
- Medical and vision insurance through UPMC; dental insurance through Guardian
- 401(k) plan with company match after one year of service
- Paid time off after one year of service
- Paid holidays
Feel free to call (724-539-8840), email email@example.com, or stop into our office (113 Lee Valley Road, Derry, PA 15627) with any questions.