Supply Yard: Local Pick-up and Delivery
Supply Yard: Serving Derry, PA, and Surrounding Areas
The supply yard at William Dickson Industries, Inc. is stocked with a variety of landscaping materials, including natural and dyed mulches, limestone gravel and decorative stone, mason sand, screened and unscreened topsoil, mushroom compost, firewood, and coal. We are open to the public between Monday and Friday 8am-4pm and Saturdays 8am-12pm (seasonally, between late March and October). Mulches and compost are sold by volume (priced per cubic yard) while stone, firewood, and coal are sold by weight (priced per ton). Volume-based materials can be purchased by the half cubic yard. Weight-based materials can be purchased by the half ton, but you’ll be charged for the exact weight as measured by our state-certified scale.
You're welcome to come to our yard to examine and pick up material, or you can make a purchase for delivery through this website. We also accept delivery orders over the phone (724) 539-8840.
Pick-up orders cannot be purchased on this website. If you are interested in picking up your material at our yard, we welcome you to drive to 113 Lee Valley Rd, Derry, PA 15627, with your pick-up truck, dump truck, or trailer, during our open hours. Feel free to drive around the yard to determine what material you’d like to purchase.
Volume-Based Materials: Mulch and mushroom compost are sold by the cubic yard, so we don’t need to weigh your vehicle first.
- Stop into our office to let us know what material you’d like and how much you’d like to purchase. If you're not sure how much material you need, try our Material Calculator to calculate an approximate amount. Pay for your order at this point.
- Drive your vehicle up to the product you purchased. Our loader will meet you there.
- Once you’re loaded, you’re good to go! Thank you!
Weight-Based Materials: Materials including stone, topsoil, sand, firewood, and coal are sold by weight, so we’ll need to weigh your vehicle before and after loading.
- You don’t need to stop into the office first. Drive right onto our scale and press the button on the intercom to call our scalemaster in our office. Please stay in your vehicle while you’re on the scale.
- Let our scalemaster know what material you’d like and how much you’d like to purchase. If you're not sure how much material you need, try our Material Calculator to calculate an approximate amount. You’ll need to wait a moment while we record the lightweight of your vehicle.
- Exit the scale and drive up to the material. Our loader will meet you there.
- Once you’re loaded, drive back onto the scale and call our office again. You’ll need to wait a moment while we record the loaded weight of your vehicle and material.
- Stop into our office to pay. We’ll calculate the exact weight of the material loaded onto your vehicle and you’ll be charged only for that weight.
- Once you’ve paid, you’re good to go! Thank you!
Important Pick-up Information:
- We use a front-end loader to load bulk material onto your truck or trailer, but you're also welcome to self load weight-based material if you're buying a small quantity. Some customers prefer to self-load firewood or use their own shovel to load buckets with stone. We'll still need to weigh your vehicle before and after loading.
You can schedule a delivery through this website or by calling (724) 539-8840. We deliver within a 30 mile radius of 113 Lee Valley Rd, Derry, PA 15627 Monday through Friday between approximately 10am and 3pm.
Our F-350 delivery dump truck can haul 5 tons of weight-based material, or approximately 10 cubic yards of volume-based material. For larger deliveries and triaxle dispatching, please give us a call at (724) 539-8840 to discuss your needs.
Placing an order on the website: The price of weight-based material will be calculated once the material has been loaded onto our truck and weighed, and may be +/- 10% of your original order. For example, when you order a ton of material (2,000 lbs), the actual weight may vary between 1,800 and 2,200 lbs. At the time you place your order, our online system will collect an additional 10% pre-authorization fee for all weight-based materials. On the date of delivery, we will determine the exact weight of the material after it’s been loaded onto our delivery truck and your credit card will be charged only for that amount. We will provide a scale ticket at the time of delivery.
Placing an order by calling (724) 539-8840: When calling to place your delivery order, we’ll need the follow information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The type of material
- The amount of material
- Delivery date and time
- Any special instructions
- Payment: You can provide credit card information during the call, or our delivery person can accept a personal check or cash at the time of delivery. Please note we cannot provide change for cash transactions during the delivery.
Delivery Fees: Delivery fees for our F-350 dump truck (pictured above) are calculated based on the distance between our yard at 113 Lee Valley Rd, Derry, PA 15627 and your delivery address, as measured by Google Maps.
- Under 5 miles: $25.00
- 5-10 miles: $48.50
- 10-15 miles: $72.75
- 15-20 miles: $96.95
- 20-25 miles: $125.00
- 25-30 miles: $145.50
Important Delivery Information:
Weather and Rescheduling: Weather can present issues depending on the material being delivered, so we may need to reschedule depending on what Mother Nature throws at us on the delivery date.
Unpaved Surfaces: Our loaded delivery truck can be very heavy. The dump location must be on level packed gravel or pavement. Exceptions can be made, but our driver has discretion to refuse deliveries depending on conditions at the delivery location.
Tailgating Stone: Our driver has discretion to assess the situation at the delivery site and may or may not be able to tailgate material depending on the circumstances.
- No Refunds Once Dumped: Please examine and approve the material prior to our driver dumping. We cannot provide a refund after the material has been dumped.